The Scoffs
Factories in Heaven
(Short Fuse Records)
Lead singer Knuck to Heavy Melody site, in 2023: "I spent a few years on my knees in waste and filth on factory floors, sorting garbage for recycling analysis. I fed machines in cold, drafty warehouses for $12/hour, screwing up my shoulder to have some a-hole boss mock me while I destroyed myself to pad his pocket."
That's a plaint all-too-familiar to this writer, being as I am an erstwhile chief steward with the United Food and Commercial Workers (local 431).
But mine is also a skidding existence on 1977-forward safety-pin margins, soundtracked by CBGBs skronk merchants. The Scoffs' demolition brickbats ring true and land hard. '77 was a launchpad.
Recommended: "Factories in Heaven," "Never Might Be Too Soon," "Such a Mess"
Videos: "Factories in Heaven" "Never Might Be Too Soon" (Official video) "Such a Mess"
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment