J.C. Thomaz and the Missing Slippers
s/t
(Slovenly Recordings)
I know it'll be hard to believe, but I'm 96% positive I encountered these happily delirious stimulatons in a forbidden-substance 1978 hallucinogenic episode: Maila Nurmi was at the frying pan, Jimmy Carter was passed out on a bean-bag chair, and a composite party band including day-glo flamboyances from the Dolls, 13th Floor Elevators, Cramps -- and innumerable, determinedly insurgent 1967 middle-class neighborhood Garage bands no one ever heard of -- was swinging ga-ga chops omnidirectionally. Pheromones were running down paneled walls.
You hadda be there.
(When the guys with butterfly nets run bed check and discover this latex/fishnets menagerie absent, they're gonna be out looking.)
Recommended: "Cheat R Bad," "She's a Wave," "Kelly Lynn," "Over Me," "Unchained Insanity," "Walk the Streets," "Shit on the Street"
Videos: "Cheat R Bad" "She's a Wave" "Kelly Lynn" (live) "Isadore's Peace of Mind" (live)





No comments:
Post a Comment